- Keep application code and infrastructure in the same repository
- Make infrastructure changes repeatable across multiple environments, AWS accounts, AWS regions.
- To enable continuous testing, replicate production in a staging area
- You can replicate production in a performance testing environment that you only use for the time it takes to run a stress test
- Release infrastructure changes using the same tools that code changes to ensure that deployments include infrastructure upgrades
- Software development best practices can be applied to infrastructure management. This includes code reviews or deploying small changes often.
Beeby stated that using the AWS CDK allows you to build your application and infrastructure in your favorite IDE using the same programming language you use for your application code. You can code your AWS CDK model either in Java or.NET, which gives you productivity benefits such as code completion and inline documentation. This makes it easier to model your infrastructure. Beeby explains how to use the CDK to create a variety of cloud resources. Beeby concluded that the AWS CDK now supports Java and.NET programming languages, giving you more options for how you build your AWS resources. “Why not download the AWS CDK now and give it a shot in whatever language you prefer?”